NOAA BIG Chapter Core Values
- Support the developement, advancement, and improvement of Black NOAA employees and the black community
- Respectful and open communication between members
- Esteemed honesty and integrity among members
- Exploiting power to make a difference
- Conducting business professionally providing a unified and congenial atmosphere for members to socialize and network
Our goal is to establish routine relations with high-level NOAA officals to review government policies and practices that appear to create or perpetuate racial discrimination. The purpose of these meetings is to establish and encourage ways to eliminate barriers, as well as to discourage anything that tends to create division. When problems arise, NOAA BIG will meet with supervisors and employees to develop resolutions. To accomplish this, NOAA BIG will first determine the facts of the dispute and assist in finding a resolution.